I know touching the pregnant belly is point of contention for a lot of women, but not for me. I actually encourage it. I just think it’s the coolest thing, especially if you can feel a kick!
However, I’m not cool with just anyone touching me at any time in any old way. I do have some rules. Such as:
- No touchy until the belly is big. It is not appropriate to touch a 5 week belly. I’m not even sure I’d be comfortable with someone touching my 12 week belly. Maybe at 25 weeks. Or 30. Definitely not until it’s very obvious that there’s a baby in there.
- If I don’t know you, don’t touch me.
- Don’t linger. If you’re going to touch the sacred belly, don’t be weird.
- Speaking of weird…I work with some weird people who I would not like touching me. So if you’re weird, or we don’t have some kind of positive affinity to one another, please keep your hands to yourself.
- Always ask. As much as I love to share myself, I also get in moods where I just don’t want to be touched. Please respect this.
I just think a pregnant belly is one of the most beautiful, amazing things and I can’t wait to have one of my own again soon! I’m going to be rubbing my belly all day long!